Aurora Downtown is the oversight organization for Aurora’s Special Service Area (SSA) #One. Governed by a board of directors, the organization aligns themselves with the following goals:
- Create, fund, and staff a downtown management and development organization.
- Assist business and property owners to enhance and maintain a safe, secure, clean, and hospitable business environment.
- Attract businesses; plan, coordinate, and monitor capital improvement projects for downtown
- Identify and work with business and property owners to encourage growth and improvements.
- Design and implement a unified marketing plan.
- Create programs to facilitate the funding of projects.
Started in 1975, Aurora Downtown is an organization of property owners who work cooperatively with the city of Aurora to implement projects funded by a Special Service Area tax. Governed by a board of directors, the group’s income is used to underwrite a variety of downtown improvements, enhancements, and events.
Downtown Aurora is where you can eat, drink, and play all year long.
Discover distinctive dining hot spots, award-winning theater, majestic river views, and family-friendly museums.
Discover your downtown!
The Aurora Downtown board meets bimonthly at 8 a.m. on the third Thursday on the 5th floor at City Hall, 44 E. Downer Pl. 5B. Meetings are open to the public, and we invite everyone interested in downtown Aurora to attend.
Downtown Aurora, it’s where it’s @! Find us on Facebook, Instagram (downtownaurora) and Twitter @AuroraDowntown.
Please visit the Contact Us tab to get in touch.